Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Lone Ranger as a collectible item

Toys are a great category for the collector. There are a lot of sub categories that target specific interests. One guy I know collects Horse trailers and car carriers. He has quite a collection with many different brands and types.

The toys that I am finding interesting are the ones from the movies and TV shows of our childhood. There are toys for all age groups. Right now Smurfs are hot. I remember them from when I was a teenager and now they are back with the recent movie.

One character that spans many age groups is The Lone Ranger. I watched the Movies on Saturday afternoon in the 1970's. They were old but I didn't care. They were new in the 1950's & 60's and there were toys for the kids of that era. There are toys for The Lone Ranger that date back to his comic book days in the 1930's. Below I have pictured a cap gun set that is from the 1950's or 60's. Most collectables are worth more if you have the original box. This set retails for $400


No comments:

Post a Comment